Monday, July 16, 2012

yay or nay?

"In One Person" by John Irving...

I finished this weeks ago, and like other books I have read, I wasn't sure what I wanted to say.  I did really like this book.  The background, set in the 1960's, follows Billy Abbott, a teenager, who is dealing with "crushes on the wrong people" and how to deal with that.  Billy is bi-sexual, has his first encounter with Miss Frost, the school librarian, and his family is definitely hiding secrets regarding Miss Frost.

"In One Person" follows Billy from childhood through adulthood, through his love life with men, women and transgenders, through watching those he loves suffer and eventually die from AIDS, through his friendship with Elaine and finally through the love and acceptance of our differences.

Keep reading, always keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment