Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Here we go again!

The book I am going to talk about today is When We Danced on Water, by Evan Fallenberg. I actually finished this book a few days ago but have been purposly waiting to write about it because I am still not sure how I feel about the book.  


First off, it was an easy and fast read.  The descriptions were quite good, and I could visualize a lot of what the author was saying.  The characters are Vivi, a 40-ish waitress/artist, and Teo, an 84 year-old man who was a ballet dancer in his youth and now is a renowned choreographer. 


 I did enjoy how the book would go between the present and the past.  I liked the characters but it seemed an unlikely friendship to me and that made it a bit harder to get into the book.


It does have some disturbing parts, sexual abuse, just an FYI.


On the whole, I did not love it nor did I hate it.  I am somewhere in the middle.


Read it and let me know what you think...



No comments:

Post a Comment