Sunday, April 1, 2012

heartfelt and heartless...

I just finished "Another Piece of my Heart" by Jane Green.  I really liked it.  I think I have read most everything by this author and this one I quite enjoyed.

Andi gets married late in life, late in her 30's, to Ethan, a wonderful man with two children.  All Andi ever wanted to be was a mom, so she was so excited to take on that roll.  Sophia who is 8 years old is a wonderfully sweet and loving girl, happy to have Andi around, but Emily is difficult at age 12 and always resents Andi for marrying her dad.

Emily continues to spiral out of control and Andi cannot take the way Emily acts towards her and  contemplates walking away from her life with Ethan.

So much goes on in the story.  The characters are so real, in such pain that you can feel what they feel.  There is a lot of joy as well within this family and through all the ups and downs I wanted to route for each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment